Prem Pratap Rana
Z-10, Mahendra Enclave, Shastri Nagar, Ghaziabad,
EXPERIENCE Infrastructure Architect (Partners -Oriflame Cosmetics & IBM India) Delhi/Gurgaon, HR
03/2014 – 09/2016 – Present
- Served the role of Tech Lead Azure and IT Architect to support and deliver services to steady state commercial/ healthcare/ consumer product accounts.
- Provide technical guidance on building solutions using Azure, Google Cloud, AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and other services.
- Designed and deployed physical and virtual servers (Azure/Hyper-V/VMware vCloud/Interoute Cloud).
- On-premises VMWare workload migration to Azure cloud using ASR and Azure Migrate.
- Deploy, configure, maintain virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups, Backups, Disaster Recovery in Azure Cloud as well as Hybrid environment.
- Troubleshoot azure related issues and engage internal teams and vendor for issue resolution.
- Define cloud network architecture using Azure virtual networks, VPN and express route to establish connectivity between on premise and cloud.
- Periodic Azure Security analysis using Azure Security Center and provide guidance on recommendations from Microsoft.
- Deploying and maintaining Web Apps, web app plans and high availability.
- Familiar with ARM and CLI PowerShell modules to automate the provisioning and deployment processes.
- Managing Identity and Access management including Role Based access in azure.
- Design implemented and maintained DevOps and cloud solutions for critical projects.
EXPERIENCE Messaging Services Advisor (Dell Services India) Noida, UP
03/2013 – 03/2014
- Delivered services to critical systems and servers like MS Exchange, O365, Exchange Online, ADFS, DirSync, Email relay, Lync/Skype, AD & Security, DNS, DHCP, ADFS, Radius/NPS, SharePoint, Azure, Hyper-V.
- Designed and deployed physical and virtual servers (Hyper-V/VMware vCloud).
- Also serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Azure/AWS matters.
- Supported IT Security Infrastructure tools such as Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, System Center Endpoint Protection, SCCM Patch Management, Microsoft WSUS, SSL/Secure Certificate Management.
- Performs independent analysis of the existing enterprise Microsoft Exchange architecture and migrations.
- Establishes the basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework.
- Play a lead role in the Datacenter consolidation for the Exchange and messaging services in a Microsoft and VMWare environment.
EXPERIENCE Microsoft Technologies Server Specialist (Accenture Services) Gurgaon, HR
06/2010 – 03/2013
- Ability to implement and manage Exchange 2007/2010/2013 Server Infrastructure.
- Exchange 2007/2010/2013 Product Knowledge and working experience on CCR and DAG.
- Design and implementation of exchange 2007/2010 clusters with DAG, CCR and SCR.
- Good understanding on Exchange Server Roles e.g. CAS, HUB, Mailbox, UM, and Edge.
- Microsoft Exchange protocol SMTP / POP / IMAP Service support and initiatives in a large enterprise environment.
- Provide escalation support for Microsoft exchange ActiveSync.
- Exchange performance monitoring and Review.
- Document technical environments, processes and procedures, testing plans and project plans.
- Contribute as a member of a global team that is responsible for establishing standards and operational practices of core Exchange services and solutions.
- Managing Microsoft EOP cloud-based Exchange mail protection antispam, Antivirus, malware management.
- Good Understanding VMware Product Knowledge and Basis administration.
- Exchange Backup /Restore using Commvault / Power Shell working experience for Windows, Exchange, Office 365.
- Knowledge & Understanding on O365 Cloud exchange environment.
- AV exchange ware product /application, Working Knowledge and Experience with SOFOS and FOPE.
EXPERIENCE System & Server Administrator (CampusEAI India Pvt. Ltd.) Gurgaon, HR
10/2009 – 05/2010
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various departments. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
EXPERIENCE Windows & Desktop L-1 Support (Wipro Infotech & Progressive Infovision Pvt. Ltd.) Kashipur, UKND/Gurgaon, HR
11/2007 – 02/2009 – 10/2009
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
EXPERIENCE Windows Server Tech Support Field Support (Eagle Information Systems) NCR, West Region, UP
04/2006 – 11/2007
- Field Server Support for Windows/Linux, Kiosk, self-payment terminals.
EDUCATION M.D.U. UNIVERSITY, ROHTAK MBA’s Degree in IT
C.C.S. UNIVERSITY, MEERUT Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- Almost 13 Years of working experience in Information Technology field.
- Advise and oversee implementation of technology solutions that provide a scalable, reliable and predictable cloud and on-premises environment.
- Good organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively, self-motivated, and can work independent of direct supervision.
- Ability to teach and explain new concepts and techniques in a straightforward and understandable manner.
- A strong understanding of IBM Servers, chassis and blade systems solutions that support multiple systems/vendor applications as well as application development best practices.
- Virtualization with Azure Cloud, Google Cloud, AWS, VMware v-Cloud, Hyper-V, VMWare and migration.
- Cloud Identity Management, ADFS, AD Connect, Intune, Information Protect. & Cloud security
- Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, Office 365/Exchange Online.
- Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016.
- Symantec Enterprise Vault Archiving Solution.
- Unified Communication with Lync 2013, Skype for Business/SFB Online/Teams.
- Preparing infrastructure for new application deployments end to end.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solution Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate: Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate: Office 365
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate: Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert: Messaging
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS Exchange Server 2007/2010).
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE Windows 2003 Server).
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA 2003 Server) Messaging.
- IT Infrastructure Library V3 Foundation Certified (ITIL V3 Foundation).
- IBM Badges – (Architectural Thinking, GTS Architect Foundation, Enterprise Design Think Practitioner, Enterprise IT Transformation Advisor Level 4, Consumer Product Industry Foundation, IBM Recognized Teacher/Educator, IBM Mentor).