Prem Pratap Rana
Z-10, Mahendra Enclave, Shastri Nagar, Ghaziabad,
Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: – +91-958-204-5689
EXPERIENCE Tech Lead Infrastructure Delhi/Gurgaon, HR
03/2014 – 09/2016 – Present
• Served the role of Tech Lead and IT Architect to support and deliver services to steady state commercial/ healthcare/ consumer product accounts.
• Delivered services to critical systems and servers like MS Exchange, AD & Security, DNS, DHCP, ADFS, DirSync, Radius/NPS, Lync/Skype, O365, Exchange Online, Sharepoint, Azure, Hyper-V, Email relay.
• Designed and deployed physical and virtual servers (Hyper-V/VMware vCloud).
• Directed and worked alongside teams in the Europe, Asia and Russia to deliver consistent complex infrastructure architecture solutions to include Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory design and management, virtualization and migration.
• Supported IT Security Infrastructure tools such as Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, System Center Endpoint Protection, SCCM Patch Management, Microsoft WSUS, SSL/Secure Certificate Management.
• Assist in the development of strategies, roadmaps and reference architectures.
• Assists with application and systems performance analysis and tuning.
• Develops project plans, administers the release management process and ensures that tasks are completed on time and within budget.
• Make infrastructure look simple even though it is complex at heart.
• Serves as an IT project lead for small-medium sized projects overseeing resources assigned, conducts status meetings, and effectively communicates the project status to stakeholders as delegated by the client Department manager (Information Technology).
EXPERIENCE Messaging Technology Services Advisor Noida, UP
03/2013 – 03/2014
• Assess, design and implement migrations from legacy Exchange versions or third-party messaging applications to Exchange 2013 or Exchange Online.
• Lead client visioning for future systems, lead project teams, prepare scope documents and project plans, and design and implement best practices for provisioning, identity management and password management to ensure client investment in technology is consistent with their business objectives.
• Also serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Exchange matters.
• Performs independent analysis of the existing enterprise Microsoft Exchange architecture.
• Establishes the basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework.
• Play a lead role in the Datacenter consolidation for the Exchange and messaging services in a Microsoft and VMWare environment.
EXPERIENCE Microsoft Technologies Server Specialist Gurgaon, HR
06/2010 – 03/2013
• Ability to implement and manage Exchange 2007/2010/2013 Server Infrastructure.
• Exchange 2007/2010/2013 Product Knowledge and working experience on CCR and DAG.
• Design and implementation of exchange 2007/2010 clusters with DAG, CCR and SCR.
• Good understanding on Exchange Server Roles e.g. CAS, HUB, Mailbox, UM, and Edge.
• Microsoft Exchange protocol SMTP / POP / IMAP Service support and initiatives in a large enterprise environment.
• Provide escalation support for Microsoft exchange ActiveSync.
• Exchange performance monitoring and Review.
• Document technical environments, processes and procedures, testing plans and project plans.
• Contribute as a member of a global team that is responsible for establishing standards and operational practices of core Exchange services and solutions.
• Work closely with cross functional groups to plan, research and execute enterprise projects to address Exchange requirements.
• Managing Microsoft EOP cloud-based Exchange mail protection antispam, Antivirus, malware management.
• Good Understanding VMware Product Knowledge and Basis administration.
• Exchange Backup /Restore using Commvault / Power Shell working experience for Windows, Exchange, Office 365.
• Knowledge & Understanding on O365 Cloud exchange environment.
• AV exchange ware product /application, Working Knowledge and Experience with SOFOS and FOPE.
EXPERIENCE System & Server Administrator Gurgaon, HR
10/2009 – 05/2010
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from various departments. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
EXPERIENCE Windows & Desktop L-1 Support Kashipur, UKND/Gurgaon, HR
11/2007 – 02/2009 – 10/2009
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
EXPERIENCE Windows Server Tech Support (Field Support) West Region, UP
04/2006 – 11/2007
• Field Server Support for Windows/Linux, Kiosk, self-payment terminals.
EDUCATION M.D.U. UNIVERSITY, ROHTAK MBA’s Degree in IT
C.C.S. UNIVERSITY, MEERUT Bachelor’s Degree in Science
• 12+ Years of working experience in Information Technology field.
• Advise and oversee implementation of technology solutions that provide a scalable, reliable and predictable computing environment.
• Good organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively, self-motivated, and can work independent of direct supervision.
• Ability to teach and explain new concepts and techniques in a straightforward and understandable manner.
• Able to work in a multi-disciplined technology environment.
• A strong understanding of IBM Servers, chassis and blade systems solutions that support multiple systems/vendor applications as well as application development best practices.
• Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, Office 365/Exchange Online.
• Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016.
• Symantec Enterprise Vault Archiving Solution.
• Virtualization with VMware v-Cloud, Azure, Hyper-V, VMWare and migration.
• Unified Communication with Lync 2013, Skype for Business, VOIP.
• Preparing infrastructure for new application deployments end to end.
• Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA Office365/Windows Server 2012).
• Microsoft Certified Solution Experts (MCSE Messaging/Office365/Azure/Exchange Server 2013).
• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP Exchange Server 2007/2010).
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS Exchange Server 2007/2010).
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE Windows 2003 Server).
• Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA 2003 Server) Messaging.
• IT Infrastructure Library V3 Foundation Certified (ITIL V3 Foundation).
• IBM Badges – (Enterprise Design Think Practitioner, GTS Architect Foundation, Enterprise IT Transformation Advisor Level 4, Consumer Product Industry Foundation, IBM Recognized Teacher/Educator, IBM Mentor).