Skip to content
- Individual tax payers with income up to 5 lacs rupees to get full tax rebate.
- Individual tax payers with income up to 6.5 lacs rupees will not need to pay any tax if they make investments in provident funds and prescribed equities.
- TDS threshold on rental income raise from 1.8 lacs to 2.4 lacs.
- Around 3 crores middle-class tax payers will get tax exemption due to the measures been taken, as per finance minister.
- Gratuity limit has been increased from 10 lacs to 30 lacs rupees.
- Businesses with less than Rs. 5 crores annual turnover, comprising over 90% of GST payers, will be allowed to return quarterly returns.
- Cost of voice and data calls in India is now possibly the lowest in the world, mobile and mobile parts manufacturing companies have increased from 2 to 268, said finance minister.